The Music in My Head...

Monday, September 11, 2006

I've got Excuses

Please forgive my complete lack of blogging. I haven't even read Armand's latest post, but I decided I'd better write mine before I try catching up on everybody's. If I don't, I'll be too tired of reading blogs to post my own.
So, where did I leave off? Oh yeah, LA. Well, I got back, the movers came and packed up all my stuff. It was pretty stressfull for some reason. Then Legend and I head off to Ohio in my little Beettle. It was packed to the brim with food, china, suitcases, and other misc things the movers couldn't take (or I didn't want them to take). We stopped overnight in St Louis, so I could cash in on 2 days of per diem, and then arrived in my new semi-home of Dayton (Omaha will be my real home until we move from there). I stayed in a hotel off base that had a full kitchen, but they only did room service once a week. I was only there for a week and a half, so I only got my bed made for me once. :( Oh well. During the time I was in the hotel, I inprocessed and got oriented to AFIT. Armand also came to visit for about 5 days. We had a great vacation. There are some fun things to do here in Dayton.
On Thurs before Labor Day, the movers delivered my stuff to my new house. I'm rooming with a girl that's already been here a while, but just had a new house built. It's a beautiful 4 bedroom 2 story house with a finished basement. The coolest thing is that it has an intercom system built into the alarm system and a central vacuum system with an automatic dustpan. You just sweep everything in the kitchen to a vent under the sink, kick a button, and woosh, it's gone. It's such a throw back to the 60's when my grandparents had the house I grew up in built. It had a central vacuum system and intercom, too. Of course, it's much higher tech now.
I left for Omaha as soon as the movers finished delivering my stuff. That weekend was great getting to hang with Armand and E. The drive was aweful, though. Almost 12 hours one way. Blah. I'm definitely flying next time (which is in two weeks! YEA!). I got to come back from Omaha to my new living quarters and spend the first night in ages (almost a full month) in my own bed in my new room. Since then, I've been unpacking, getting to know my new housemate, and taking refresher courses to get me prepared for when real school starts in October. I hope you can all forgive me for not keeping you up to date, but it's just so hard to keep up with the normal things in the midst of so much change. I'll probably get settled in soon, and begin blogging on a more regular basis. Until then, don't hate!

PS these are pics (floorplans) of my new house (mine has four bedrooms and 2 full baths upstairs, though, so it is completely different than the one pictured but you get an idea). Armand is afraid I'll like it better than our house, but he has nothing to worry about. Ours is much better. It's not as big, but we don't need to rent out rooms to people, unless their name is Ethan Kuhlman.





8 Comments:

At 10:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you're settling in!! Love ya beautiful!! Best of luck with school!!! I'm contemplating quitting and moving to Africa ;) ha ha j/k

 
At 8:20 AM, Blogger H Noble said...

Good to hear from you! Hope things calm down a little for you too.
H

 
At 2:37 PM, Blogger Viki said...

Glad to see a new post from you, too. Hope things don't get too crazy and stressful & that you keep enjoying life. :-)

 
At 6:49 PM, Blogger Jelaine said...

Oh, don't worry. I love life right now. I'm so happy to be in school again, and even though I'm apart from Armand, he's so wonderful, it doesn't seem that bad.

 
At 8:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The pictures of the house are great. Now that I think about it, I don't think I've ever been to Ohio. We should come visit you sometime.

 
At 8:49 PM, Blogger H Noble said...

I dont know that I could pick out Ohio on the map, kidding..no seriously...

psst..Holly...Know where Ohio is?

J

 
At 10:01 PM, Blogger ArmandII said...

Justin, I know exactly what you mean. I always get Ohio and Iowa mixed up. They are even similar shapes. But now I know that Iowa is only 20 minutes away and Ohio is 12 hours away...blah!

Kilroy was here!

 
At 12:50 PM, Blogger Viki said...

Here it is for J, so he's got it relative to him:
-Ohio touches the NE corner of Kentucky
-Kentucky is on top of Tennessee
-the SW part of Tenessee touches the top of Mississippi
-the SW part of Mississippi touches Louisiana
-Lousiana touches the far eastern part of the Great State of Texas

:-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home