The Music in My Head...

Monday, April 24, 2006

Good Ol' Wichita Falls, TX


So, I'm still at Sheppard AFB in TX. It's been pretty boring. The stuff we're learning in class is interesting in itself, but like any good government run class, we learn about 15 minutes worth of material in 2 hours. Literally we take a 20 minute break on the hour so we're only getting 40 minutes of class time each hour. It's ridiculous. Since I've been away from home so often lately, it's kind of easy to forget where I am. Not here, though. I am constantly reminded that I'm in Texas because absolutely every time I turn around there is some kind of shape of the state of Texas. Whether it's in the gravel in front of the lodging office, the copper shapes of Texas hanging on the walls. The wooden cut-outs of Texas as the center pieces in the restaurants...it's everywhere! You Texans are all crazy. But I gotta love ya! :)
Oh, I've got to mention the ginormous house they gave me, since they were out of regular rooms when I got here. The put me up in a FOUR bedroom house all by myself. I've got a full kitchen, full washer/dryer, 2 tvs, a huge living room, a dining room table, breakfast area table, 2 full bathrooms, and a backyard. It's crazy!

4 Comments:

At 10:18 PM, Blogger ArmandII said...

Just goes to show once again dear that everything is bigger in Texas...even the lodging! :-) I'm telling you though that oyu should sleep in all four bedrooms. But I guess its too late now. Not enough days left.

Kilroy was here!

 
At 1:38 PM, Blogger H Noble said...

I have a friend who moved here from Colorado. Her kid said, "Mom why do they always fly the Texas Flag with the American Flag. I don't even know what the Colorado flag looks like."

She was the one that opened my eye to the flag, and shape that abounds with those of us who love this state!

Sorry I didn't call you back, it wasn't intentional. We were having scheduling issues and it just slipped my mind until Saturday morning.

Sorry :(

 
At 3:55 PM, Blogger TreyJ said...

Big house? Party at Jelaines!!!

 
At 2:00 PM, Blogger Viki said...

That's my favorite thing about Texas - there's Texas stuff everywhere. How exciting would it be to see things in the shape of Illinois everywhere? Not very...

Have fun in the big house!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home