The Music in My Head...

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

A Lonely Melody



It was a bitter sweet day today. It started out wonderfully because I woke up next to my wonderful, adorable, loving husband. We actually got up at the same time which rarely ever happens (actually, I got up first and then dragged him out of bed). We got to wake up together because I had to take him to the airport this morning. That's the bitter part. It was a lovely forty-five minute drive, me and my lover, but then we had to say goodbye. He'll only be gone for 2 and 1/2 weeks. I say only because once he gets back from this trip, he'll be gone for 2 YEARS. Although this stint is the longest we will have had to survive without each other in over 2 years, I'll know we'll make it. I realized though, that this is the first time in our marriage that he's the one leaving. I'm always the one going on TDYs to have fun leaving him alone at home, but this time, he's the one getting to go have fun while I'm stuck at home. Fun isn't actually a good way to describe what he's about to go through, though. With the meager $9 a day and getting beat up, I don't know how much fun he can have, although he did take the game cube...

Anyway, enough of my whining. I'm not reallly being a pathetic sour puss, just because my husband is gone for a few weeks. I've actually been very productive today. It's amazing how much you can accomplish when you have nobody to rush home to after a days work. Here's what I got done today after work...Went to the post office and bought some 2 cent stamps to augment the outdated 37 cent stamps we already have, got my hair cut, signed my apartment rental agreement, and got my oil changed.

That's definitely enough talk from me today. I'll try to post more often now that I don't have such a hottie living with me to distract me.

4 Comments:

At 11:07 PM, Blogger ArmandII said...

I love you! :-) Good night!

Kilroy was here!

 
At 11:13 PM, Blogger TreyJ said...

Armand is many, many things, but I'm not sure about "hottie." :-p

You guys will be fine - now you've got blogs to keep you close!

 
At 6:04 AM, Blogger Viki said...

Funny how the not having a husband around allows you to be so much more productive, isn't it? Too bad that now that Trey and I actually have more stuff to get done at home, we're home together in the evenings!

 
At 8:38 PM, Blogger Scott said...

I'd say you have plenty to say. Maybe it's not having Armand around like Viki said. You tell us. Talk at you later.

http://scooter0979.blogspot.com/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home