The Music in My Head...

Saturday, March 25, 2006

Catching Up

I know it's been over 2 weeks since I last posted anything. Sorry about that, but I've been busy. Going to Maryland was a pretty fun trip, and it helped keep my mind off of the fact that Armand wasn't home, since I wasn't home, either. I had my first experience with Soft Shell Crab while I was up there. It was very interesting. Not bad, but I prefer regular crab, but the biggest problem was that they deep fry it, and I'm not supposed to eat deep fried food until Easter. Oh well, no need to be over legalistic. It was a once in a lifetime opportunity. (maybe not, but i've got to justify it somehow) Armand and I have both had one mess up now. It's been really great for us, though. I'm losing weight by not eating fried foods, which is a real bonus. We think we're going to stick with it except for an occasional trip to the Mexican restaurant for Armand's Chimichanga and my chips and dip. Armand said he'll want french fries every once in a while with his hamburger too.

The only other eventful thing that happened on my trip to Maryland was the trip up there. I puked on the plane while we were taxiing to the gate. Don't ask me why, 'cause I wasn't really even feeling all that bad, but we landed and were rolling along, and I was like, "Oh no, please don't let me throw up, and then I grabbed the bag from the seat back in front of me, buried my face in it and puked a few times. Thankfully absolutely nothing came up, but it was quite embarrassing being on a business trip with people in my office watching my puke on the plane. Oh well. I ended up going to bed that night at 6:30 and waking up the next morning at 5:45. Oh wait there was one more story about the trip. I was flying United, and I've never once had a good trip with them, so of course our flight home was delayed a little bit, so we were late getting into Chicago to catch our connection. We make to the plane, though right as they were closing the gate. Whew, we made it, but then we proceed to sit there on the plane for over an hour while they tried to fix the de-icing machine (it's was snowing pretty hard) . So I was an hour late getting back to Oklahoma and we're waiting for our bags...of course they didn't come. We then had to go through all the hastle of that, I go pick up my friend Kalli 'cause she's supposed to cook me some Chicken Parmesan, we go back to the airport to pick up my luggage, get home around 9:00 fix dinner and eat around 10:00. That's eating an hour past my bedtime. In the middle of all of that I repacked for my weekend in Arkansas that I was leaving for in the morning at 0600. Needless to say, I was tired and a little frustrated, but the food was delicious!




So, after visiting my family over the weekend, mainly my cute little nephew (the picture is of him on the left and Teddy (the wonderful bear my husband got me on Valentine's Day when I got him that stuffed heart) on the right), I had to get back to work, unpack from my two back to back trips, go to dance, and be productive while Armand's not around. I just haven't had time to blogg. I hope you guys didn't miss me too much.

2 Comments:

At 4:48 PM, Blogger TreyJ said...

Cool post - sorry to hear about you pukin' on the plane, though. Good thing A2 doesn't have that problem!

Soft shell crab is pretty cool, but you can't get it all the time. Good for you for trying it out!

 
At 8:32 AM, Blogger H Noble said...

Wow, That is a busy schedule. I am glad you took a break on posting, it gave me time to detox. I think after only a few posts I was addicted to seeeing everyone's daily posts!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home