The Music in My Head...

Monday, April 30, 2007

13.1



MILES! 13.1 Miles! I ran my first half marathon this past weekend. I've been training for it since around February. The farthest I had run before Saturday was 8 miles. It was so awesome, though. I finished in 2 hours and 12 minutes, which was a lot better than I was expecting. A few classmates and friends drove down to Nashville on Friday for the Country Music Marathon. Even though I'm not a big fan of country music, I love it. There were over 20 bands along the route. It was so cool how many people were along the street cheering everybody along. the 2 hours went by really quickly, but I was dead tired the rest of the day and really sore! I'm still recovering, but I had to play a volleyball game tonight. I didn't play very well to say the least. Here are some pics. After the race we checked out the Grand 'Ole Opry and then there was a free Sara Evans concert.

6 Comments:

At 8:51 PM, Blogger ArmandII said...

My wife is freaking amazing! Can you believe she ran 13.1 miles? I mean I've walked a few marathons (50 milers) and worked a few marathons (Cowtown Marathon) but never run one. She's awesome!

Kilroy was here!

 
At 8:55 PM, Blogger Jelaine said...

I didn't run a marathon, dear. I just did half. We'll run our first one together. :)

 
At 8:48 AM, Blogger H Noble said...

13.1 miles. That is freakin' amazing. I would die just past mile one. Maybe that is a goal I should have. The ability to run 13.1 miles and not die.

J

 
At 12:17 PM, Blogger H Noble said...

Please don't die Justin!
Congratulations Jelaine! That is an amazing accomplishment and we're proud of you.
Hope your classes and all else is going well.
We looooove the Grand Ole Opry and I'm itching to go again.
Glad you're back!
H

 
At 6:16 AM, Blogger TreyJ said...

I'm good to do a mile and a half, so hats off to you! (Though I think anyone who would willingly do that is totally nuts)

 
At 3:37 PM, Blogger Viki said...

I agree with Trey - as proud as I always am of you folks who do this sort of thing, I still always point to the guy who marathons are named after...he fell over and died when he reached his destination.

Glad you've posted! Keep it up. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home